Boost - Innovation vouchers
The Boost programme is intended for small Brussels companies. It enables them to access quickly and at a low cost, the competences of a research centre in order to have an innovative idea validated or to benefit from an occasional expert assessment to support an innovative project.
Innoviris offers the candidate company financial aid for carrying out this short term technical service in a research centre.
The following research centres (accredited or part of a higher education institution) may offer services in the frame of the Boost programme:
Your company may benefit from Boost aid if it fulfils the following conditions:
be a very small or small enterprise
develop all or some of its activities within the territory covered by the Brussels-Capital Region
show that the scientific research or experimental development project for which the Boost aid is sought is likely to have a favourable impact on the economy, employment and/or sustainable development of the Brussels-Capital Region
show one's ability to finance one's share in the study's costs.
have fulfilled its obligations in the context of previous support initiatives allocated by the Region.
Type of financial intervention
Financial aid may be allocated as a grant.
It is limited to €10,000 per year per company and covers a maximum of 75% of the costs excl. VAT related to the study as described in the application.
The study covers a variable period of a maximum of one year.
|Exploration phase||Design phase||Pre-manufacturing phase|
|- Tests, calculations and preliminary analyses||
- IP?: analysis of the Freedom to Operate or eligibility for patent
- Implementation of all or some specifications with a view to the design and/or adaptation of innovative products, processes and services
- Validation of an innovative process, product or service (development of specific control methods, optimisation and validation of test protocols, implementation of analyses and reviews, etc.)
- Implementation of "proof of concept"
- Choice of the state of the art best suited to the specifications (standard of product components, standard of production and manufacturing)
- Implementation of basic prototypes with a view to demonstration
- Implementation of evaluation studies of the new products' life cycle and the impact of innovative processes, products and services
- Support for the preparation of manufacturing: drafting of specifications, in particular with a view to the design of production flow sheets and the technical installation diagram
- Validation of production costs and estimation of an innovative product's margin
The aid granted in the frame of the Boost programme is de minimis aid in accordance with Commission Regulation (EC) No. 1998/2006.
Consequently, beneficiaries are required to ensure that the aid received does not bring the total amount of de minimis aids already allocated to it to a sum greater than the ceiling of €200,000 over a period of three years, as imposed by Regulation No. 1998/2006. To that end, they must complete a sworn statement certifying this.
Innoviris contact person
Industrial Research and Innovation Team
Tel: +32 2 600 50 71